Rockford Lutheran Academy
Rockford Lutheran Academy is a place where all students find academic challenge and the opportunity to grow to their potential. They explore their God given talents with a broad range of engaging curricula, hands-on activities, and the only K-5 pre-engineering/pre-biomedical science program in the region.
- Students are grouped according to academic evaluation and their curriculum adjusted to allow for the highest level of individual success in reading, math and language arts.
- An integrated hands-on science program, Launch from Project Lead the Way provides students with a unique experience the engineering design process and the scientific method.
- Methods of instruction strive to accommodate a variety of skills and learning methods to assist children with different learning styles.
- Classroom and lab technology resources support 21st century learning methodologies.
- Students begin learning Spanish and French in Pre-School and continue through fifth grade.
- Music, Art and Drama are offered at all grade levels.
- Chimes are offered in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades.
- Band and Orchestra are offered in 4th and 5th grade.
- Fifth grade students compete in the Rock Valley Lutheran Athletic Conference.
- A wide variety of athletics opportunities are available for students from 2nd grade and up through area sports clubs.
- Physical education is included in the curriculum for all grades.
The key to an accelerated and quality educational experience through high school is the foundation that is laid in the elementary years. Students from RLA can enroll in high school level classes at Rockford Lutheran by 7th grade, and receive college credit through our Dual Credit program in 11th and 12th grades. Those exciting opportunities are only available to those who begin with a strong accelerated program like that at RLA.
Academy students average two to three grade levels above national and state averages. Small classes provide each Academy student with individualized attention from our faculty of gifted teachers.
But the best way to get to know Rockford Lutheran Academy is to visit us. You’ll experience first-hand the nurturing environment in every classroom and our Before/After school programs.
To schedule a visit that is convenient for you and your family, call 815-226-4947. We look forward to meeting and getting to know you.
ABOUT >> Rockford Lutheran Academy