Rockford Lutheran Visual Arts provides an outlet for students to create and express their interpretation of the world and Religion through their art.
The visual Art’s offers:
Explorations: This is a middle school class where the students get a “sampling” of art and its different mediums. This class is the duration of one quarter.
Art 1: This course is where students learn the fundamental elements of art through a variety of mediums.
Art 2: Portraiture is the focus of Art 2.The students learn the structure and proportion of the face and work with different mediums to create both abstract and realistic portraits.
Art 3: Sculpture is the focus of Art 3. The students manipulate different mediums to create both constructed and deconstructed sculptures.
Art 4: Photoshop and Photography is the focus of Art 4. The students learn the basics of Photoshop the first semester. The second semester is a focus on their photography and how they will manipulate it using Photoshop.
Visual Art Awards:
Rockford Art Museum Young Artist Show
-Stephanie Sincox- Best in show 3D (2015)
-Kaitlyn Erboe – Best 7th grade piece (2014)
Rock Valley Art Show
-Andrea Shumann – Juror’s Mention (2015)
-Korissa Ostic – Juror’s Mention (2014)
Big Northern Conferences Art Show
Many students have places in multiple medium 1st , 2nd, and 3rd place.
- The Art Department participates in the yearly Snow Sculpting Competition at Sinnissippi Park
- The Kiwanis Art Auction
- Senior Show- The seniors get to display a collection of their best work. The show happens the same night at the Spring Concert.
Meets twice a month; participates in activities such as:
- Window painting of local businesses (Generations Credit Union, Edgebrook Center)
- Set up and decorate for the Mandrigals dinner
- Paint backdrops for plays
- Paint murals
- Design Art Club shirts every year
- Participate in local competitions (Scarecrow building competition with PA Peterson)